GUIDELINES FOR CONSIGNMENT ORDERS:
Before Your Event:
- We prefer a lead time of five weeks and no less than two weeks before you need the books. Longer lead time means more of your selections should be available in time to ship.
- The person in charge of book sales should complete a Consignment Application. The Bookstore manager will contact you.
- You then create an order
- Compile your order by going to QuakerBooks.org and placing the desired books and quantity in your cart. You will need to create an account at QuakerBooks.org is you don't already have one.
- The Consignments Collection at QuakerBooks.org includes books for which we have at least three copies in stock, and so we are likely able to ship it to your event. We also recommend looking at New and Recent Arrivals.
- To request a book that does not appear in the Consignments Collection contact Audrey Greenhall, Bookstore Manager, via email (audreyg@FGCquaker.org) and she will let you know if the book can be provided
- Once your cart is complete, go to checkout and use the consignment discount code. Your order confirmation email shows the books prices. PRINT IT OUT for use at your event.
- You will not be invoiced until your unsold books are returned to us after your event.
- If you want us to choose all or some of the books for your consignment we will work with you to create an order
- We will ship the books to the address you specify. We ship at our expense, via UPS.
- Each box will contain a packing slip for the items in that box. Inform us immediately of any discrepancy or damage. Document, with photographs, any damage to the books or box.
- You agree to display the books properly and maintain them in new, saleable condition. Please do not put stickers on them. Any books returned to QuakerBooks in unsaleable condition will be considered sold, and the yearly meeting/event will be responsible for payment.
After the Event:
- Please pack books carefully for shipment. Books must be packed flat, not upright or on edge. Use sufficient packing material to keep the books from shifting and the box from crushing.
- In each box put a packing list. For your own records keep a list of the returned books.
- Books must be in the same condition they were in when you received them. Please do not return books that were damaged during the yearly meeting.
- Return the books within two weeks to our fulfillment service via UPS or FEDEX.
QuakerBooks of FGC c/o
Publishers Storage and Shipping
Attn: Receiving Department
46 Development Road
Fitchburg, MA 01420
- Please DO NOT use US Postal Service Media Mail for this as we have had problems with damaged or lost parcels. Anything that is damaged or lost in shipping by Media Mail will be charged to you.
- We will then bill you the price of the unreturned books less 10%. We will do so within a period of about two weeks after receipt of the returned books. Your payment is due within two weeks.
For more information contact Audrey Greenhall at email@example.com.