Consignments or Special Event Book Tables
QuakerBooks of FGC offers book consignments for yearly and quarterly meetings, weekend retreats, peace fairs, outreach events, conferences and other special events. Our process is updated in 2020 to be enable customers to build and save their own cart in an account. We will continue to provide fast and accurate service.
Please read through this page and if you have questions you can reach the bookstore manager, Audrey Greenhall, at (215) 561-1700, ext. 3044 or by email at audreyg@FGCquaker.org.
GUIDELINES FOR CONSIGNMENT ORDERS:
Before Your Event:
- Normally, we require a minimum lead time of four weeks. However, given the current uncertainty of events going forward when expected you may submit a consignment order no more than two weeks before you need the books, with the understanding that they may not all be available.
- The person in charge of book sales should complete a Consignment Application.
- You then create an order
- Compile your order by going to QuakerBooks.org and placing the desired books and quantity in your cart. You will need to create a QuakerBooks account if you do not already have one.
- To request a book that does not appear on QuakerBooks.org contact Audrey Greenhall, Bookstore Manager, via email (audreyg@FGCquaker.org) and she will let you know if the book can be provided
- Once your cart is complete, contact Audrey and you will be given a code to use at checkout for processing the order without payment until books are returned.
- If you want us to choose all or some of the books for your consignment we will work with you to create an order
- We will ship the books to the address you specify. We ship at our expense, via UPS.
- Each box will contain a packing slip for the items in that box. You will also receive a master list with prices. Inform us immediately of any discrepancy or damage. Document with photographs any damage to the books or box.
- You agree to display the books properly and maintain them in good, saleable condition. Any books returned to QuakerBooks in unsaleable condition will be considered sold, and the yearly meeting/event will be responsible for payment.
After the Event:
- Please pack books carefully for shipment. Books must be packed flat, not upright or on edge. Use sufficient packing material to keep the books from shifting and the box from crushing.
- In each box put a list of the books in that box. For your own records keep a list of the returned books.
- Books must be in the same condition they were in when you received them. Please do not return books that were damaged during the yearly meeting.
- We cannot take returns on books that we special ordered for your event. We can only accept returns for books that we keep in our own stock and can resell to other customers.
- Return the books within two weeks to our fulfillment service via UPS or FEDEX. QuakerBooks of FGC does not pay for return shipping on consignment orders. You return them at your expense.
- Please DO NOT use the US Postal Service for this as we have had problems in the past with damaged or lost parcels. Anything that is damaged or lost because of shipping by the USPS will be charged to you.
- The address for returning unsold books is:
- We will then bill you the retail price of the unreturned books less 10%. We will do so within a period of about two weeks after receipt of the returned books. Your payment is due within two weeks.
These guidelines are to make our work together simple and to benefit both organizations. Please contact us if you have questions or wish to discuss these procedures.
For more information, contact Audrey Greenhall at firstname.lastname@example.org.